If you are interested in the discipline of psychology, you have come to right place! Be sure to thoroughly explore our website and learn about all that the Department of Psychology has to offer undergraduate students at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
In order to declare a Psychology Major at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, you must first apply to the College of Liberal Arts through the Office of Admissions.
Be sure to indicate your interest in psychology when applying.
Transfer Credit Evaluation Process
There are several stages to the process of determining if your transfer credit may be applied toward meeting the requirements of a Major or Minor in Psychology:
- As part of the admissions process, transfer coursework will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions in order to determine:
- If the course transfers,
- If the course meets any of the University's liberal education requirements, or if the course has been evaluated previously for major requirements, and
- If the course has a direct U of M course equivalent.
- Next, you must contact Psychology Undergraduate Advising in order to prompt the evaluation of any psychology coursework accepted by the University which has not yet been evaluated by the Department of Psychology. The Department will then determine:
- If you need to submit a course syllabus to our office for evaluation (course textbooks, papers, and notes may also be requested if the syllabus does not provide sufficient information), and
- If the course, which will be accepted by the University toward your degree, may also be applied toward meeting a requirement for a Major or Minor in Psychology.
Other Psychology Departments at U of M-TC
There are separarte departments (and majors or minors) on campus for some specifc areas of psychology. Our department focuses on general psyhology; however, you may also wish to explore: