Donor Awards for Psychology Undergraduate Engagement
These awards provide financial support to students participating in learning experiences beyond the campus and classroom environments. These experiences enable you to extend your learning in psychology into real world settings.
Qualifying experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Study abroad that incorporates an internship or research experience (in psychology or a related field)
- Unpaid internships or volunteer experiences in the local, national, or international community
- Significant short term service experiences (e.g. Y Immersion)
[NOTE: Research laboratory experiences on campus typically do not qualify for this award].
- Declared major in psychology at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Engagement experience planned for the award term
- Demonstrated financial need and special financial circumstances may also be taken into consideration.
- Up to two awards of $500 each will be distributed to qualified applicants each semester.
- The highest ranking applicant during Fall and Spring semesters will be named the Natalis Award recipient and receive an award of $600.
Application & Awarding Process
- Application Cover Sheet
- Description of your experience in a 1-2 page essay covering:
- the experience with explanation of its relationship to your academic program
- how it is related to psychology
- how your studies in psychology have prepared you for this experience
- how you plan/expect to draw from your knowledge of psychology during the experience
- Financial statement (optional): Either documentation of financial aid award or personal statement regarding your financial need.
Prior to distribution of funding, you will be required to provide documentation that confirms your stated plans.
Please submit application materials to Holly Hatch-Surisook. Materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients will be recognized at the Psychology Undergraduate Celebration in May and be invited to an annual luncheon at Natalis Consulting.
For Further Information
Contact Holly Hatch-Surisook at email@example.com or Psychology Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.